Cholesterol Reduction :: A Doctor's Guide
Reducing Cholesterol RiskHere are a few guidelines to help you to reduce the risk of high cholesterol levels.
- Have a Lipoprotein Profile conducted while fasting to determine what your Total, LDL, and HDL cholesterol levels are.
- Use an ATP (Adult treatment panel) III Assessment Tool to calculate your risk for heart disease.
- Discuss your overall risk with your doctor. He or she will be able to provide you with a solid plan of reducing or eliminating any risks.
- Stay away from food made with saturated fats and look for unsaturated or vegetable oils instead.
- Do some physical exercise. If you cant strain yourself with intense exercise, a brisk walk could be a huge benefit.
- Smoking is extremely hard on the heart and overall health. It is better to give up the habit.
- Use a natural cholesterol supplement, such as Vasacor.
- Use a Home Cholesterol Test to determine your cholesterol levels.
Read Next: Why You Should Care.